The Grace Show

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Art of Flirtation...

*Picture Courtesy of Walt Disney*
So today, I saw some of the most obvious and blatant flirtation that I had ever witnessed in my life: In the mirror. I ran into someone that I used to go to school with, and we just had a casual conversation. But in that short exchange of words, there were some things poppin off; on my end at least. Now, I didn't realize it until after we went our separate ways, and prayed that it wasn't that obvious to him. But then it led me to think about my mannerisms in his presence. I smiled, laughed and we talked about school, etc. We embraced when I saw him, and again after the conversation was over. I must admit that I surprised my damn self because I recognized what I was doing. Not to worry, I was tactful with it, because trust me, i have seen some SHAMELESS acts of flirtation from both men and women. I kinda laughed at myself cuz I haven't flirted with someone in a good minute. So i ask: WHAT EXACTLY IS FLIRTING? Is it WHAT you say? Or rather the WAY you say it? Ladies: When is it appropriate? What is your body language? (The sass in your step, the hand on your hip) Gents: Do you notice it? Do you flirt back? All: WHERE do you draw the line between being nice and flirting? SIDEBAR: I was nice once, and someone mistook it for something else, and I had to shut that down QUICK! (I did feel bad though) But anyway, Let me know what ya'll think!

3 comments:

  1. I think the art of flirting can range from very subtle to openly obnoxious! I have found that guys are pretty oblivious to flirting unless it is open and blatant. He probably didnt even notice! But that is not a bad thing.

    The characteristics of flirting can be (like you said) a smile, what you say as well as how you say it. But it is also the look in your eyes, the softness of your voice, a gentle touch at the right moments, the words you choose and the questions you ask to get to know a person better.

    The line between being nice and flirting can be very blurry, and many people (men and women) do not know where to draw the line. It is difficult for men and women to be just friends, especially if you look at good as we do! lol But flirting is okay as long as there is a mutual connection and space and opportunity. Flirting is ok as long as it is harmless. Someone like me who is in a committed relationship must be subtle with my flirting and always draw that line. But someone such as yourself who has space and opportunity can be open with your flirting and have fun with it! So I say have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking, its wild- you use a picture of the lady and the tramp to depict a connection of two individuals... and its kinda like the string theory: everything in this world is connected...put it in lamen terms: you ever made that move to call someone- and then before you call- the phone rings? yea, thats it...for more confusing examples- google "string theory" shits too deep to if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on having fun @Kitababy38. I think its important for single men and women to understand that attraction is the basic cause of flirtation and there isnt anything wrong with it. Just take it in stride. Thanks for your feedback!. PennStation, the I need to do more research bout this String Theory. But Thank you too!

    ReplyDelete